Monday, February 11, 2008

Mon., 2/11/08 Devotion (Mk. 14:39)

[Dear devotioners: Thank-you for your patience, as for a while I was without my beloved Macintosh computer (which had all my addresses on it). Now, we're back in business!]

Today's encouragement comes from Mark 14:39, where we read these words:

"Again He [Jesus] went away and prayed, and spoke the same words."

It is encouraging to me that our Savior Himself--in a time of great need and anguish--prayed, and "spoke the same words." I don't know about you, but sometimes I don't know how to pray as I ought, (as per Rom. 8:26)--and I tend to say the same things over and over. I think the important thing is that we desire to pour our hearts out to God our Father in prayer. He knows how to "interpret" them through the atonement Jesus has provided for His churchmen.

Therefore, don't be discouraged if your prayer life isn't all that you want it to be. Groan out some heartfelt utterings--and God will be pleased with them.

[Puritan quote of the day: "Love was the chain that fastened [Jesus] to the cross." --Thomas Watson, in "All Things for Good"]