Friday, January 29, 2010

Fri.-Sabbath, 1/29-31/10 Devotion

Praise God: Sunday is *almost* here! In order to prepare you for Sabbath church worship, here is Thomas Watson, that esteemed Puritan pastor, from his work, entitled, "The Beatitudes":

"Let us carry ourselves as the children of God in magnanimity and heroicalness [heroism]. The saints are high-born. They are of the true bloodroyal, born of God. They must do nothing sneakingly or sordidly. They must not fear the faces of men. As said that brave-spirited Nehemiah, 'Shall such a man as I flee?' (Nehemiah 6:11)--so should a child of God say, 'Shall I be afraid to do my duty? Shall I unworthily
comply and prostitute myself to the lusts and humours of men?' The children of the Most High should do nothing to stain or dishonour their noble birth. A king's son scorns to do anything that is below him."