Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wed., 4/4/12 Devotion (Ps. 7:1)

Today's encouragement comes from Psalm 7:1, where David wrote these great words:

"O LORD my God, in You I put my trust; save me from all those who persecute me; and deliver me."

God is very pleased when we trust Him--when we put our faith in Him. Are our lives in danger right now? This is not evidence, neces-
sarily, of God's displeasure. Perhaps, rather, it is the Lord's means by which to cause us to more fully rely on Christ.

Down here, we *will* have trouble. We *will* need to be "delivered." The only question is this: who will we trust, to set our souls free? Let us trust in Christ. He will never fail us.

[Puritan quote of the day: "Do I lack bread? I have Christ, the Bread of Life. Am I under defilement? His blood is like the trees of the sanc-
tuary: not only for meat, but for medicine." --Thomas Watson, in, "The Art of Divine Contentment"]