Monday, July 16, 2012

Mon., 7/16/12 Devotion (Matt. 26:32)

Today's encouragement comes from Matthew 26:32, where we read these words of our Lord Jesus:

"But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee."

Is it not really neat that right after Jesus was raised from the dead (on that first Easter Sunday morning), He did not go straight to heav-en? Instead, Christ stayed here (on earth) for a while--and only later ascended on high. The principle still applies: our risen Savior meets and supports us, His people *here*, in our struggles, while we are yet on the earth. He does not leave us to our own devices.

Let us thank and praise God that Christ is King of everything: be it in heaven, or on earth.

[Puritan quote of the day: "Oh I hope that the Lord intends nothing other than to purge away my sin; and if this is God's intention, let Him do with me what He will." --Jeremiah Burroughs, in, "Hope"]