Friday, March 23, 2018

Fri.-Sabbath, 3/23-25/18 Devotion

Praise God, Sunday is coming soon. Hold on. Here is Thomas Watson, from "The Test of Assurance . . . ":

"He who loves God cannot live without Him. Things we love we cannot be without. A man can do without music or flowers, but not food; so a soul deeply in love with God looks upon himself as undone without Him. 'Hide not Your face from me, lest I be like them that go down into the pit,' (Psalm 143:7).

"Job 30:28 says, 'I went mourning without the sun.' 'I have starlight, I want the Sun of Righteousness; I enjoy not the sweet presence of my God.' Is God our chief good, and we cannot live without Him? Alas! how do they show they have no love to God who can do well enough without Him! Let them have corn and oil, and you shall never hear them complain of the lack of God."