Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tues., 6/9/09 Devotion (Isa. 41:10)

Today's encouragement comes from Isaiah 41:10, where we read these great words:

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

These (above) are encouraging words; are they not? Are you harried today? Do you feel like things are spinning a bit "out of control"? Stop, and re-affirm your faith in Christ. The Lord will not forsake you; instead, He will sustain you--especially in your toughest times.

This promise is not for everyone. Instead, it is for the church of Christ. Therefore, let us look to our Savior, the faith we have in Him (which is His gift to us), our baptisms, and our assurance of God's love for us. Let us not look to our circumstances: be they good, or bad.

[Puritan quote of the day: " . . . Get your self-love mortified, even religious self-love." --William Bridge, in "A Lifting Up for the Downcast"]