Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wed., 4/9/14 Devotion (Ps. 16:6)

Today's encouragement comes from Psalm 16:6, where we read these words:

"The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good inherit-ance."

If we believing Christian churchmen could see the whole picture (as God does), we would be totally amazed at how incredibly good we have it (in Christ). Because of sin, the fall, and the clogs and corruptions of our flesh--we fail to recognize this a lot of the time.

Every once in a while we get a blessed glimpse of just how wonderfully bless-ed we truly are in God’s goodness to us. But it is faith that says, "I know I have it all, in Christ. Therefore, I will be thankful, and give God praise (despite how I might feel)."

[Puritan quote of the day: "Faith is the key that unlocks paradise, and lets in a flood of joy into the soul." --Thomas Brooks, in, "Heaven on Earth"]