Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thurs., 8/23/12 Devotion (Ps. 31:14-15a)


Today's encouragement comes from David's Holy Spirit-inspired words of Psalm 31:14 & 15a:

"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hand . . . "

Are we confused today about how to pray, or how to live? If so, here is a good and simple place to start. God is pleased with faith, no mat-ter what the rest of our lives lack. He also likes to be "owned" by His faithful churchmen--so we ought to pray, "You are *my* God." If we are concerned about our future, or that of those we care for, it is helpful to recognize that our times are in God's hands.

Life is not all that complicated. Let us unclutter our souls; and love Christ today.

[Puritan quote of the day: "The gospel stands in no need of external evidences of its truth and divinity. It carries its own light and evidence with it." --Jonathan Edwards, in his sermon, "The Wisdom of God"]