Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thurs., 4/4/13 Devotion (Ps. 7:1)

Today's encouragement comes from Psalm 7:1, where David wrote these great words:

"O LORD my God, in You I put my trust; save me from all those who persecute me; and deliver me."

God is very pleased when we trust Him--when we put our faith in Him (through Christ).  Are any of our lives in shambles right now?  This is not evidence, necessarily, of God's displeasure.  Perhaps, rather, it is the Lord's means by which to cause us to really rely on Him.

Down here, we *will* have trouble. We *will* need to be "delivered." The only question is this: who will we trust, to set our souls free? Let us trust in Christ. He will never fail us.

[Puritan quote of the day: "Do I lack bread?  I have Christ, the Bread of Life.  Am I under defilement?  His blood is like the trees of the sanctu-ary: not only for meat, but for medicine." --Thomas Watson, in, "The Art of Divine Contentment"]