Friday, January 31, 2020

Fri.-Sabbath, 1/31-2/2/20 Devotion

Praise God: it is almost Sunday! We get to re-start our lives in Jesus again. In order to help us get ready for worship, here are some great words from Aug-ustine of Hippo, the church’s greatest post-apostolic theologian. This citation comes from his excellent book, entitled, “The Literal Meaning of Genesis.” . . .

“The other interpretations that I have put forth in this book should be of some interest to the reader: either he may discover from them how one must in-vestigate without rash assertions the questions which Scripture does not clearly answer; or if my way of investigation is not to his liking, he may see how I carried it on, and as a result I hope that if he can instruct me he will not refuse, and that if he cannot he will join me in searching for someone from whom both of us may learn."